In the Cluster of Excellence livMatS researchers pursue one common goal: To develop novel, bioinspired materials systems which meet people's demands for future-oriented environmental and energy technologies.
livMatS is based on an unique alliance which combines cutting-edge research from six faculties and two research centers of the University of Freiburg with the expertise of the Fraunhofer Institutes and the renowned Freiburg Öko Institute.
Six Faculties at the University of Freiburg
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Chemistry and Pharmacy
- Faculty of Mathematics and Physics
- Faculty of Biology
- Faculty of Economics and Behavioral Sciences
- Faculty of Humanities
Two Research Centers at the University of Freiburg
- Freiburg Center for Interactive Materials and Bioinspired Technologies (FIT)
- Freiburg Materials Research Center (FMF)
Two Fraunhofer Institutes in Freiburg
- Fraunhofer Institute for Solar Energy Systems (ISE)
- Fraunhofer Institute for Mechanics of Materials (IWM)